Christian

New Year's resolutions...

...well someone had to bring it up. :roll::wink:

Not one for making rules and sticking to them :wink: but I try and think of something achievable to do throughout the year.

Buying nothing new for a year was tricky, but I managed from Jan '09 - July '09 and then it went wrong :lol::lol:

Spending mindfully in 2010 was a better idea for me and I have done quite well this year. Been in the black more often that the red :D:D

What to do next year? Similar idea I think, plus TRY and keep myself more organised and the house tidier.

I'm another one who doesn't make resolutions, instead I set goals for the year ahead, and review them during the year. They can include financial ones (save £X, pay £X off the mortgage - strangely those ones are rarely achieved!) 'things' goals (I want a digital radio for the bedroom and a new arch for the garden), personal ones (pass my next singing exam). The trick is to be very specific, and to come up with the first steps that you need in order to achieve it - e.g. research digital alarm clocks, set aside time to practise music and then put those things in your diary. If they're too vague, you won't get there.

I too would like to be tidier, but I think I'm working against half a century of clutter-gathering! :lol:

I am going to try to do the spend mindfully thing in 2011,

and also be more organised.....(although I've yet to acquire a calendar for 2011, so that's not looking too good at the moment)

I've promised myself some major decluttering this year too. I've been hanging on to some sentimental stuff for far too long now...time to move on.....

Firstly pay off mortgage. :D Then New Year, new house. I aim to finish all knitting projects before starting new ones.

I'm going to try & keep my nails long - they are lovely at the moment & all my own.

Oh & I shall hopefully have ducks before the years out & goodness knows what else.

A yellow eglu go is also one of the things on the cards for this year.

I'd love to meet more Omleteers in person too. 8)

Emma.x

My goal last year was to pay off my debts (I spent crazy during uni) and finish off my accountancy exams - luckily I am pretty much there now with the debts and my exams are all done :-D.

This year the plan is to get into shape/get healthier and better my finances, the diet has started today and not going too bad so far lol and as I am now qualified I have had a couple of potential new clients for myself so fingers crossed it keeps on going.

good luck everyone x

Having mobility problems this year, 2010 seems to have passed me by :?

My goals for the coming year are.

Get back on my bicycle and cycle to and from work. Unable to lift my legs over my "old fashioned" type bicycle for most this year.

Grow vegetables. Couldn't bend or lift so nothing was grown this year.

Use the two greenhouses for growing vegetables. Useless back and legs this year prevented this.

Cook and bake more from scratch. I can now bend to open the oven door :D and stand long enough to do things.

start running again.

Make my own jams and chutneys. OH works at a preserves factory and gets jams and chutneys cheap but I really want to make my own.

Finish all the knitting projects I started when I was unable to go to work but got bored with.

Enjoy life outdoors in the Spring and Summer and Autumn sunshine , walking along the beaches, in the woods or even just around the Castle :D

I think I am going to have a busy 2011 :D

Oh yes 'keep some chickens' Chestnutmare that will be really hard to keep :roll:

I'm going to get back to healthy eating. Lost 2st 10lb last year now in dec put on 12lb. :( and I'm taking up the modified Fly Lady programme again. I am going to be so much in control of myself :lol:

To remember today is gone and tomorrow is not promised - so make the best of my time :)

I am happy to meet with Cheshire omleteers in the quest to fulfill their resolutions, other than that I will not diet, give up wine or stop biting my nails (yes I know!) as life is really too short

Have a good one when it comes everyone :)

I usually set myself goals which involve some sort of punishment or deprivation (ie lose weight) but as I lost my mum this year and my dad is also dying I have a heightened sense of how fleeting life is and thought I would make some plans to bring more joy into my life...so I have resolved to begin dance lessons again and to sing in a choir if I can find one to match my tastes, as both those activities bring me so much joy and I can;t believe I have stopped them for so long. No more punishment! :D

I've decided to "let things go" I tend to worry & get wound up over things, but having lost both parents and my MIL this year I've realised that life is too short to waste time on things that I cannot change. I am going to get back on track flylady style as my house has gone to pot and bringing home boxes of things from my parents house that I can't bear to part with hasn't helped and that's before I bring home some furniture :(

I am looking forward to 2011, the birth of my first grandchild, getting fit (oddly enough I had no trouble in letting myself go :lol: ) & getting my life back on track :D

I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that you all achieve your hopes and dreams for the year.

I'm another one who has boxes from late parents that need sorting out :( I do hoard paperwork (years of working in accountancy) but started getting rid of that a few months ago as well as officially closing credit card accounts and bank accounts that we never used. Less for DD's to wade thorugh should me and DH drop dead tomorrow :oops:

I never make resolutions but we plan to carry on as we have this year with paying the maximum extra we can off the mortgage and to save more as well, providing both our jobs are OK.