Alis girls

Wish me luck please

Going to breast clinic this pm. Two weeks ago got intense pain in one breast - like mastitis without redness and hot skin and temp. So bad I had to take painlkillers. I have a mirena coil so no periods. Went to see a lovely female GP who took my fears seriusly and a going to clinic this pm. Had negative mammogram last Feb - but my mum died of breast cancer at 56 yrs of age. Cant feel a lump. OH coming with me - he insists on coming :roll: S'pose I should be happy although sometimes I prefer to be alone when worried like this - silly I know. Wish me luck. thanks Ali

Good luck. Hope all goes well this afternoon so you can both stop worrying.

I have had a number of hospital appointments recently. Some I have gone to on my own and some with OH. Like you, I am quite content to sit on my own with my own thoughts but understand why OH has wanted to be with me. I have to say that it does make a difference having him there. He knows not to talk unless I want him to and just having someone to sit with can make the whole process easier.

Good luck, try not to run and meet your thoughts, most times its all ok. Had this last year, about same time. It was a massive cyst, they drained it. I could barely feel the lump, and was scared witless. the staff were kindness beyond belief. They deal with us terrified and trying not to show it people every day.

I also have a mirena.

good, good wishes, and a big hug from here.

Had another mammogram and the consultant had a poke round (as they do) all clear thank goodness - must be due to Omlet vibes. Nil else - no reason found for pain - probably my age I don't know but at least nothing nasty lurking. Might look at getting bras which are not underwired as I know this can cause pain but my GP said my bras looked well fitted cos there was no lines, strap marks etc. I even got the pain when without my bra so dont think its that. Thanks for good wishes - OH was great as I was a bag of nerves for some reason - the nurse in me disappears and the nervous patient appears. Thanks so much Ali x