Luvachicken

Doesn't anyone care anymore ? Happy update

I still think that the horrors are thankfully in the minority.We just remember them more because they are so vile :lol:

If I am at work & serve say 100 people, I will get maybe 5 or so who are rude,ignorant,arrogant or just unpleasant.

Many,many more are chatty,smiley,friendly & nice :P

It's a shame that the bad ones are the ones who stick in our minds (& yes, Lady who told he husband to pay by card because 'these kind of people don't understand cash', said while looking down her nose at me, I mean YOU!)

I feel your pain Cinnamon - those who look down their noses at me - well I mark their card. I give 110% to my patients but its the nasty ones who I remember. Thankfully most are nice and grateful. You have to wonder what makes some people so miserable. (Having had a week of constant back pain despite seeing osteopath I have been very crabby indeed. ) :shameonu: However there is no excuse for bad manners. Generally I find if you respect others in most cases they respect you.

You will need to buy it back from them as if they settle with you technically the car will belong to the insurance company, you should be able to get a reduced settlement and include the written off car in the deal but you will need to call them :roll:

More importantly any news on the person that hit you are they still claiming you weren't indicating :wall:

You will need to buy it back from them as if they settle with you technically the car will belong to the insurance company, you should be able to get a reduced settlement and include the written off car in the deal but you will need to call them :roll:

More importantly any news on the person that hit you are they still claiming you weren't indicating :wall:

Blimey Louise... great to see you on here again!

xx

Depends on what category the car has has been written off under. If it is an economic total loss (usually if the repairs are above 50% or so of the value) you should be able to buy it back and get it repaired yourself.

It can get a bit complicated - there are 4 categories of write offs. Cat D is purely economic - ask the Insurers what the buy back or salvage value is - they will then give you the value of the vehicle less the salvage value and you can keep it and do the repairs yourself.

If it is a Cat C you can still buy the vehicle back but you will need to get a VIC check before it is put back on the road. Damage is worse that Cat D

Cat B means that only the parts are salvageable and vehicle cannot go back on the road

Cat A means that vehicle must be crushed and nothing can be used.

Even though the damage may no have looked too bad, if the chassis is twisted it might end up being in a worse category than you think. I would recommend only trying to buy it back if is a Cat D

Depends on what category the car has has been written off under. If it is an economic total loss (usually if the repairs are above 50% or so of the value) you should be able to buy it back and get it repaired yourself.

It can get a bit complicated - there are 4 categories of write offs. Cat D is purely economic - ask the Insurers what the buy back or salvage value is - they will then give you the value of the vehicle less the salvage value and you can keep it and do the repairs yourself.

If it is a Cat C you can still buy the vehicle back but you will need to get a VIC check before it is put back on the road. Damage is worse that Cat D

Cat B means that only the parts are salvageable and vehicle cannot go back on the road

Cat A means that vehicle must be crushed and nothing can be used.

Even though the damage may no have looked too bad, if the chassis is twisted it might end up being in a worse category than you think. I would recommend only trying to buy it back if is a Cat D

Thank you very much Chickendoodle, that info is very useful.

Sounds like my car is the Cat D one.

Just need to wait for my own insurance to get back in touch with me.

Haven't heard from the parents about the non-indicating :roll:

But thank you everybody for all your thoughts.

I was reminded of this thread yesterday.

I drove to Earls Court yesterday, to go to the Ideal Christmas show.

On the way back the traffic was, as usual, very heavy. Ahead of us we saw a car shoot across the traffic from the inside (slow) lane, across to the outside ("fast") lane, almost causing an accident. Idiot driver, obviously in a hurry.

Shortly afterwards the three lanes formed queues for a major roundabout. The queues were mobving slowly, and we were in the middle lane. A few cars ahead of us, without warning, the idiot from earlier suddenly pulled into our lane and clipped the front of the car in our lane.

The two cars pulled over, as did the car in front of us. Thd rivers got out, sand there was a lot of shouting. I hestitated for a moment, and then said to my friend "I'm really sorry, but I think we should stop". So we pulled over too. I wasn't sure we really needed to, the car in front of us had stopped so I assumed they would already have a witness. But I thought that if I had been the driver of the clipped car, I would want people to stop to be witnesses.

I got out and went to see the clipped car driver, said we'd seen what had happened and we would be witnesses. I wrote down my name and address for him. Meanwhile, the shouting continued - I think the driver of the car that caused the problem was blaming the clipped driver and was refusing to exchange details. There was then a lot of shouting, and the clipped driver said he wanted the police to attend, and he asked us to wait until the police arrived. I went back to my car and waited.

Of course, the four cars pulled over caused a blockage on the three lane road, and we then had cars going past with the drivers swearing and gesticulating. No patience, no care. They had no idea whether someone had been hurt (they hadn't, but they didn't know that).

I was partially regretting my decision to stop, as the man who caused the accident was very aggressive. He looked just like a stereotypical modern gangster (both physically and the way he was dressed and the way he was behaving), and I was wondering if there would be repercussions - especially as he would have my address.

To cut a run-of-the-mill story short, later on that evening I got (what I thought was ) a text asking me if I was the lady that stopped at the accident on the A4. At that point I was thinking, how the hell did they get my phone number? I hadn't included it in my details.

Then I read on.

It was from the wife of the driver of the clipped car. She wanted to thank me for stopping.... and it turns out they live in the same village as me!

What a small world.

That's when I thought of this thread.

(And she didn't have my phone number, it was a facebook message. Which is almost as scary)