Charlottechicken

My rescue staffy!

What a handsome chap! Sadly a much misunderstood breed :(

They are, unfortunately. It's funny, people still cross the road with their dogs when I'm walking him and a lady at the beach even said to her kids "no, keep away, it probably bites" I was speechless.

He is so loving and has just fit right in perfectly! He's the softest most loving little dog I have ever met, so soft!

He even knows his 'white paw' and his 'black paw' :P

He sounds lovely, and what a shame people avoid him :( I hope he does have some dog friends to play with and not everyone keeps their dogs away.

I do love well trained, cared for staffies :D My neighbour has one and is as soft as cotton wool. we often meet a lovely rescue staffy girl in the park and she is also soft and gentle. I am sure your boy will be evn more lovely. well done you for adopting him. I'm sure he will reward you many times over, Ax

There was an interesting article in the Times, I think last weekend, about Staffies. It was written by a journalist who went to a rescue centre and asked for 'anything but a Staffie'. She came away with a Staffie :lol: and is now absolutely smitten with the breed. She writes about how people cross the road to avoid her when she has the dog, and how people have preconceived ideas about how Staffies are all mad child killers, yet this couldn't be further from the truth. As with ANY breed of dog, bad owners make bad dogs!

As for what people say :roll: I have no idea how we haven't been savaged in our sleep by our evil rottie!

That really made me laugh :lol:

My now departed little terrier Henry was completely in love with a huge rottie ironically called Tiny :P she was a gorgeous girl, so affectionate. Although there was a risk she could have licked us or Henry to death :wink:

My sons staffie girl Roxy saved their cat Molly's life on christmas day Molly had been hit by a car but managed to make her way home and was hiding under sons motorbike cover Roxy kept barking and wouldn't come in when called My Dil finally went to check and found mollie with a broken jaw and head trauma thankfully she is now home from the vets and on the mend but the vets told Dil she wouldn't have survived much longer. Roxy is a big softie.

My sons staffie girl Roxy saved their cat Molly's life on christmas day

How lovely, hope she's making a good recovery.

Our rottie has saved numerous piglets lives by alerting us that something is wrong. All ours are outdoors and pretty much left to get on with things, he's saved two that got stuck in a ditch, a sow that got stuck in the pond, saved a few escapees, one night he woke us up going beserk, one of the sows had had a litter but decided to deposit them in various different arcs and randomly around the field, after tramping round in PJ's wellies and head torches at 4am we had 10 new born piglets and no sign of who'd they were, left them in a box in the utility room where the rottie sleeps, by morning he had licked them all clean and was sat next to the box like a proud father.