Egluntyne

Snow 2014/15

Didnt realise they had had snow in East Midlands. Dad left us early hope hes ok as last time he wrote his car off in the ditch in snow :shock: Not heard from him yet. My aunt rang to say they had an inch of snow and had he left? In some ways prob better he didnt know as he would be nervous.

A lot of chicken runs collapsed two years ago with a heavy fall of snow overnight, particularly those wide span tubular steel ones clad in mesh. I set the alarm and kept going out to brush it away, which was a bit of a pain. Now we have centre supports in all the runs which can be fitted if necessary, mind you 6" of snow and they would certainly collapse, even with the support.

Sorry about your roof Eglutyne.

Wow that is some snow!

Girls were whining to be let out of the coop this morning, so I opened the pophole and suddenly they were completely quiet! Absolutely baffled by the sight of all that white stuff! :lol: They sat on the doorstep for a while with their little beaks hanging open in awe of the sight of snow.

They have decided they don't like it... at all... Not even a bit... :wall:

We are visiting relatives in North Wales and Merseyside and there is plenty of snow and ice around. A careless neighbour of my parents slid her hulking great pickup into the side of our car when it was parked in my parent's drive. They live in a cul de sac with spaces in front of a row of garages. We were not impressed but at least it is still drivable, would have been slightly inconvenient to be stranded 150 miles from home and 40 miles from our hotel and suitcases. :twisted:

We have had 11 inches! And there is more to come evidently.

Wow that is a lot of snow Egluntyne. Hope you are ok, take care.

We had a very heavy snow shower early afternoon which covered everything with about an inch or so of very wet snow. The children at school were very excited we let them have a short playtime in it, some of the younger ones said they had never had snow at school :D

Chrissie

OMG! 11 inches! Stay safe up there!

We had a blizzard here at about 1pm. I had to go out and by the time I got to the next village it had cleared and they had no snow on the ground. Garden has a nice covering of about an inch which has frozen. OH working very late again so I'm monitoring the weather for him. There's none in Brum where he is :roll: