Egluntyne

Snow 2014/15

Got to work before it really snowed yesterday, but struggled coming back and had to dig my little car ON to the drive when I got home. Turned it round and pointed it the right way for this morning, but we've now got over 6 inches of snow, plus ice, and the steep narrow twisty road down the hill is really not a sensible option in my car. Nothing yet has gone up or down and there's probably the usual stack of abandoned cars further down, beyond where I can see.

Would generally be heading out by now, but from here to work has no viable public transport options, so I may just head back to bed :D

Stay warm Egluntyne!

Anything to oblige DM.

After a little bit of rain we had a lot of hail mixed with sleet, sadly the 10 minute blizzard settled and didn't have time to melt before nightfall and then it froze. Almost gone - just the big hail lumps left.

Edited to add - 11 inches it was not!!!! :shock:

20150129_161540_zpstjzkc0fm.jpg

20150129_161622_zpsbs9htq15.jpg

Nope everything carries on as normal here!

Gritters and snow ploughs are out overnight so traffic and public transport carries on.

I expected a lot more snow but we've only had a few days of snow like this - hoping to go skiing locally on Friday and then to the Tatras mountains at the end of Feb :D