Egluntyne

Tragic announcement re Joojoo's son Ashley.

Jue,

i too think about you every single day and ache so much for you whenever you come to mind. I hope somehow you got through the holiday period and that the good memories are beginning to become more bearable and comforting, despite this being early days. Sending you lots of love, every day, ]

Ali

Hi everyone.

I know I'm repeating myself but thank you again so very much for your lovely messages and unbelievably kind donations.

I'm not very good at the moment. I seem to flit between completely numb or in floods of tears. I suppose it is to be expected, but I still can't believe or accept that it's happened, never mind that he's never coming back. Because his Dad and I were divorced and he used to spend a day each week with him, I keep imagining that's where he is now. Then it hits me all over again :cry::cry: That feeling is the worst feeling in the world. It's like seeing a really awful accident happening right in front of you and you knowing that you are watching the most terrible terrible tragedy and there is nothing you can do about it.

The doctor has given me some diazepam to try and stop the panics that I've been having (but they don't seem to be doing anything) and I'm seeing a dedicated Child Bereavement Counsellor in the morning as I've got so much stuff going round in my head at the mo. I keep seeing the accident and the few minutes after it, over and over again in slow motion, usually when I've eventually dragged myself to bed. How I will ever come back from this, I really don't know :cry:

I know that only a couple of you on here have actually met Ashley and myself but PLEASE believe me when I say he WAS one in a lifetime, nevermind one in a million. He was absolutely my life. My best friend. My world. He was the most amazing, caring, intelligent, funny, wonderful young man I have ever met and now he's gone for ever. His and my life ended in a split second on that Sunday night.

I'm sorry for everything above but I've got to get it out. I feel like I'm going completely round the bend.

x

Oh Jue :cry: I really wish I had some magic words that would help you. But there aren't any. I really hope the counsellor finds some way to help you tomorrow. But I think its one of those things that only time can help. And it will never go away. I try to imagine what you are going through but I just can't. I can only say we are all here for you. If you need to vent, then we will all listen. Lots of ((((hugs)))) Karin xxx

I don't think you ever have to appologise for how you feel after loosing a child :cry: . I am up at silly o'clock because I feel pretty rough, but I bet you are up at this time every night thinking of him :( .

I am still thinking of you and yours every day, and how horribly unfair this world is sometimes. I hope the councilling can stop your mind spinning long enough to give you a few moments peace xxxxxxxx

Jue, never apolagize for anything. Let out all your feelings here if you want, there are so many people constantly reading this who would offer friendly words to you. Take all the help on offer, and hope it goes ok today with the Child Bereavement Counsellor, or as well as can be expected. xx

I hope that the counselling helps in some way today.

I do have some insight into how you feel, because my little brother died in a freak accident when he was only 5. I was only 8 at the time but it had a profound affect on my life. Only when I became a parent could I have any idea about how it affected my parents. The only thing that I can say, and this sounds so cliched, is that time will help. I won't claim that it will heal. We have just passed the aniversary of what would have been my brother's 40th birthday and tears were shed.

We are also here for you day and night to vent your feelings to. Never feel that you have to apologise for the way you feel. Equally if you feel like a dose of normality we are always here for that too.

Try writing your feelings down in the form of a diary or letters to you son. This was recommended to my parents and myself and we still do it from time to time, it has hepled us in small ways through some rocky times.

My thoughts are with you.

Oh Jue, i'm glad you fel able to vent on here, you know we'll always listen and provide any support we can. I really hope the bereavement counsellor helps. Maybe you could talk to Ashley. Either write it down or just chat to him during the day. It doesn't mean you are going mad but it might just get you through the day. See what the counsellor says.

Never apologise for how you are feeling, there is no right and wrong way to deal with this.

We are all here for you, whether we knew Ashley or not. I wish i had known him, he sounds like a wonderful young man xx

Jue, I am one who has met you both. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I hope the counselling helps you to make sense of how you are feeling right now. It won't be a miracle cure for you, but given a chance, I hope you can at least understand why you are feeling the way you are.

We are thinking of you, and sending our love to you.

Sarah and Steve

Just to echo what everyone else has said really Jue.

Don't ever feel like you have to post and there is no need to apologise. We all think of you and are sending you our love and thoughts. We are here to listen to you whenever you feel up to it.

It was lovely to hear from you though, you take care of yourself.xx

Hi Jue,

I lost my first husband in a motorcycle accident, and so I do know enormous injustice of having your life turned upside down in an instant...however, he wasn't my child, and so it is still different and I just can't help feeling for you so much.

I'm sure everyone has told you how in time the loss hurts less and that is true, but for now you have to get through each day the best way you can. Sending love and hugs and please feel free to pm me if you want xxxx