Chucky Mama

Requesting Positive Vibes

After running nearly 400 miles in preparation I am set to run the Brighton Marathon on 18th April. It is all Old Speckled Hen's fault - she talked me in to it and then came up with some story as to why she couldn't do it - couldn't get her head out of the sand or something :lol: . I am not a long distance runner at all being a sprinter many years ago. I thought that I was fit and ready to shuffle around the 26 miles without begging a lift from the St Johns guys but had a huge set back last Sunday. I hurt my knee and have been barely able to walk on it all week :( I had the most painful deep tissue sports massage in the world (no, seriously it will be in the Guinness Book Of Records honest - it was that painful :shock: ). So anyway, I managed a very gentle 2 mile run this morning but need all of your Omlet positive vibes to get me round next week. :D

My next door neighbour works for a charity and she has organised 2 runners so she'll be there with her official cheer point. A friend of mine was staying a few weeks ago for the Hastings half marathon and we shouted him to the rooftops for his first ever run and my admiration for any amateur distance runner is now immense. You will be sensible won't you and NOT do it if there is any doubt over your health? But if you do make it, all the very best for the event itself :clap:

I really hope that your knee is sorted in time but - and all the very best for the run. I have huge admiration for anyone doing any form of running. If your knee is not sorted - please don't risk any real damage will you?

After running nearly 400 miles in preparation I am set to run the Brighton Marathon on 18th April. It is all Old Speckled Hen's fault - she talked me in to it and then came up with some story as to why she couldn't do it - couldn't get her head out of the sand or something :lol:

Ouch :(

(Everybody I was quite ill after a holiday in Tunisia and couldn't train)

Hubby has had to pull out too with a respiratory infection.

We are going to have a weekend at the Grand in Brighton instead.

Rachel if you are hurt you shouldn't run. I've done the London Marathon and it's no joke if you are injured (it's no joke if you are fit either :( )

Get well soon and have a weekend of chilling instead

PS the head is in the sand only till May 7th when I will metamorphose into something altogether different :wink:

:( Hope it starts to get better soon, after the massage.

Lewis is also in no way, shape or form a runner, let alone a marathon runner!

Have done the fun run a few times (lower down in the school) and that was enough :lol:

Good luck! :D