abwsco Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Some wonderful pics. I got all excited this afternoon before I left work as it started snowing but it only lasted for 10 minutes if that Sorry to those of you that hate it and are snow bound but I love it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Just bumping this - I merged it into the "Snow" thread but as it's a page or so back, people may not notice it . Oh what a blow, school shut so I can't go in - days off like this are wasted on kids. Taken some pics of the hives and thought people might like them: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 The Huddersfield Daily Examiner have used my photo on their website, and it may be in the paper tomorrow.....you can clearly see my run and Cube on it too!!! http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-yorkshire-news/2010/12/01/huddersfield-in-the-snow-your-pictures-86081-27750849/ the next photo is also mine!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 No snow here, its just cold and icy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Lovely photos everyone Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Flaming snow. Beautiful but a menace. I'm hiking to work where possible - no mean feat for a midwife! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 The Huddersfield Daily Examiner have used my photo on their website, and it may be in the paper tomorrow.....you can clearly see my run and Cube on it too!!!! Fame . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Well done Omletina! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted December 1, 2010 Author Share Posted December 1, 2010 Some wonderful pics. I got all excited this afternoon before I left work as it started snowing but it only lasted for 10 minutes if that Sorry to those of you that hate it and are snow bound but I love it. I can't believe this!!!!! I am only a little north of you and have inches of the stuff Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angie Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 The Huddersfield Daily Examiner have used my photo on their website, and it may be in the paper tomorrow.....you can clearly see my run and Cube on it too!!! http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-yorkshire-news/2010/12/01/huddersfield-in-the-snow-your-pictures-86081-27750849/ the next photo is also mine!!!! Love the Photos, almost recognise the hills, i have friends at Emley..they are snowed in..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Some wonderful pics. I got all excited this afternoon before I left work as it started snowing but it only lasted for 10 minutes if that Sorry to those of you that hate it and are snow bound but I love it. I can't believe this!!!!! I am only a little north of you and have inches of the stuff Snow is a bit like hens teeth here for us. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 The Huddersfield Daily Examiner have used my photo on their website, and it may be in the paper tomorrow.....you can clearly see my run and Cube on it too!!! http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-yorkshire-news/2010/12/01/huddersfield-in-the-snow-your-pictures-86081-27750849/ the next photo is also mine!!!! Love the Photos, almost recognise the hills, i have friends at Emley..they are snowed in..... Ooh I can see Emley Moor transmitter from my cottage! Not surprised they are snowed in! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Oooo thats brilliant Omletina and your garden looks lovely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 The Huddersfield Daily Examiner have used my photo on their website, and it may be in the paper tomorrow.....you can clearly see my run and Cube on it too!!!! Ooh, well done Just seen a local weather forecast which gives a temperature of minus 12 for Birmingham tomorrow night I might just stuff the gap above the poo tray on the Eglu with newspaper for the girls. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Took these yesterday while out with Riley ... ANH your pictures are lovely - Riley looks like a deer in the snow! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 WE HAVE SNOW!!! Coming down thick and fast now and settling! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted December 1, 2010 Share Posted December 1, 2010 Well done Omletina! Lovely pics. And ANH - love your photos too! Those poor trees look fit to collapse under the sheer weight. Also love the bee hives under their snow caps. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 (edited) Oh dear we had even more overnight - we must have over 12 inches now. Fed up with it now. Hubby is attempting to get to the station but has said its an absolute nightmare out there and very deep. Edited December 2, 2010 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 Just a sprinkling in Abingdon - hope the rest of you are safe and warm. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 Can't believe temperatures for next few days Hope we don't get any more snow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 No more snow overnight here. It is still dark but the sky has a funny glow about it Thank goodness Christian has some snow now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ali-s Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 Snowed all day yesterday, however the flakes were tiny so they didn't make much difference to the depth of snow already lying. Walked to work in -9c temperature. Walked home in thick freezing fog and -8c. OH said it was -14c when he went to work at 4am yesterday morning. DD's school opened yesterday but not to school bus pupils so she had an extra day off. School closed at 2pm due to adverse weather conditions. School open to all today but it is now snowing heavily so not sure if she should go. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 I dont think my girls have seen snow but there is a bit at front of run and they pecked it and then went back to bed! Assume this is normal hen behaviour. Someone said they tip toe on the snow mine do an exaggerated walk - lifting back leg up and gingerly putting it down. very funny to watch Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 Thank goodness Christian has some snow now I feel like I can join in now A couple of inches overnight, enough to cause chaos on the country lanes i guess. The 'main' road has been gritted as I can hear the cars sloshing through the slush. Hens not impressed and refusing to come out of the eglu. Can see a rat track At least I know exactly where to put the bait boxes now. Stay safe everyone! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 Another bear dusting here,but it is still coming down. I had the most boring shift at work last night.The place was deserted. We all just sat around,twiddling our thumbs Anyone who did come in just moaned about 'the snow that's on the way' - miserable so & so's! I LOVE snow!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...