Christian

The Weather Thread #9

You are all having mad weather, its been entertaining reading your posts.   I especially like the fact that MT and me would be dead if we lived in Scotland, yet BRR obviously thrives on it.  Perhaps hot bins will become the new hot tubs (can you imagine!), I wonder if you could sacrifice some of the heat and use the bin to grow pineapples or melons? And CT, your photo reminds me of a modern day Breugel.  I don't suppose many of us in the UK have ever seen a scene like that, with people skating on a road. Even here its been an odd year so far, we had 10 days of frost which is unheard of (well not literally, apparently it has been the coldest January for 25 years), then our usual 10 days of rain and now we are having a few days of bright sun, the hottest place yesterday was on the Algarve, 21!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blackrocksrock said:

In front of my house this morning = hoorah we are free again

IMG_0139.jpg

😳 that is a lot of snow!!!

2 hours ago, Daphne said:

And CT, your photo reminds me of a modern day Breugel.  I don't suppose many of us in the UK have ever seen a scene like that, with people skating on a road.

Luckily it’s a pond, not a road! 😅

Although there was a kid ice skating on a road in front of her house. All the snow is so compacted and iced over, that it is actually possible to ice skate on the roads here and there.

Incredible evening for temperatures yesterday. It was between 1 and 2 degrees until about 7pm, but then by midnight it was up to 7 degrees!

Seems to be warming up quickly everywhere. 16C due this afternoon and we've started mowing the grass, which is difficult as some areas are still very boggy. Checked our records and we started mowing last year on 31st January, so at the moment the season is 2 weeks late. According to the forecast temperatures will continue to creep up and the heating can perhaps go off tomorrow and we're back to wood fires in the evening?