Egluntyne

Our dear friend Docsquid

Sarah will be very sadly missed. My boys still remember camping at Alvecote Wood and her and Stephen using their bat detector to follow the different species of bats! She fought her illness with such determination and bravery and never let it stop her living a very full life. Rest easy Sarah, with all our love. 🙁

OH so sorry I remember her she owned woodland in Tamworth not far from where I come from. She was a medic I believe unless I am wrong. Lovely lady never met her but remember her from early days. 

How old was she.? Send love and condolences to her family. God bless. Xx

Thank you for posting this here Egluntyne, I share your sadness at the news, 

Sarah was a remarkable, spirited and accomplished woman in so many ways and we became friends through this forum. She and Stephen were an amazing couple and I feel privileged to have met them.

Rest in peace Sarah and long live your memory.

Terribly sad news. At 12 Sarah was told she wouldn't live another two years, she went on to become the first doctor to qualify with Cystic Fibrosis, became a consultant and was awarded the OBE for her services to Medicine. She would have been 60 in October.

Back when I lived at home I would visit fairly regularly as we'd chicken sit for each other and I helped when they were planting Betty's Wood. We had some great camping trips with fellow Omleteers. Since moving to vet school, they gave up the chooks and I haven't visited but we kept in touch on Facebook.
I think everyone will remember her resilient spirit and determination.

Rest in peace Sarah

• Like 3

I've only just read the news. I completely forgot the reason I followed Alvecote Wood on Facebook was after Docsquids enthusiasm for it and her wonderful photos on here. I never met her, or even really chatted to her, but it sounds like she was an amazing woman who did a LOT of good things in her life. So sad she is gone. RIP Sarah x