Mr Rhode Island Red

Old forum members "dying off"

I've loved reading through all these posts, seeing names that I haven't seen in a while. I don't come much anymore due to time and other interests. I'm getting back into exotic animals so have been researching my next purchase (wallabies) but I still love my girls and hatched chicks for the first time. The forum was still great for the advice on hatching because it is something new and of course for illness when that strikes. Omlet will always have a special place in my heart even if I don't post much.

I joined in 2009 when i got my first eglu.....I have just come back to the forum as a lurker over the last few weeks and have loved reading all your brilliant posts.

I`ve got a lot to catch up on though!!! 8)

( My first ever hybrid hen (Betty) is still going strong at 8 years old !!!)

I feel I have lots of friends on here too, but I've only ever met a few. Spacechick, Lewis, Egluntyne, Muppet, Bellekatz - I think that's it. :think:

I'm not sure I'd be missed if I was away for a long spell, I think I must get on a few peoples nerves! :oops::wink: But I know I'd miss a lot of you if you were to suddenly not be on the forum!

I guess Omlet is like a security blanket for me - I know there will be someone online usually. Living a bit ' out' in the country & not knowing so many people. It's nice to drop in here & talk with like minded people about all sorts...from chickens, to mooncups, to the latest gadget & even weighing your 'baps' I seem to remember! :whistle:

Such fun, tears & laughter have been shared here.

So thank you everyone!

Emma.x

Today is my first visit back since last year I think.... sometimes real life just gets in the way! But its great to see so many familiar names still.

And yes I agree with the 'ask for advice-give advice-see those you advised give advice' theory! Not sure I've got that much to say (or necessarily ask) about chickens anymore, but I still love seeing pics of people's set ups.

Ooooh hello everyone again!! I haven't been on here for a few years really, struggled with chickens due to arthritis for a while but the new Go UP is just right for me and two lovely ladies so am taking the plunge again. I do "see" some people on Facebook but am really pleased there are so many I remember still on the forum. :D

It was nice reading through this thread again. I was reminded of the forum today when my Omlet eglu egg cups arrived. I ordered a red one, a purple one and a green one like our full sized eglus. I'm all excited as I got a golden egg in my red egg cup. Can't wait to call Omlet tomorrow.

Lots of rotten things happened last year including us losing our beloved cat, fat Sausage. Things are picking up now. Mrs. Beeton has just hatched out three miniature brahmas who are a handful but she's more than a match for them. Mrs. B is almost seven years old now. We put our name down for two Ragdoll kittens and somehow ended up adopting two one year old Ragdolls along with the kittens. Our family currently consists of forty two chickens (so much for letting numbers naturally fall), five cats (three of which weigh over 6 kg and they're not fully grown), the quailies, hubby, son and me.

I must look in here more often.

Yes I'm still around. I tend to use iPod so don't always log in but enjoy reading news. I enjoy all the different forums from cooking to diets to crafts and gossip. It's better than any magazine...

Great to catch up. :D