Cooks

Hysterectomy

Oh Coooooooooooooooooookieeeeeeeeeee! Hugs hugs and more hugs.

I was thinking of the pluses of a hyster. You won't ever get hysterical and even better more room for tummy and hob"Ooops, word censored!"s. Couldn't think of any negatives. At 54 and still buying ladies things while glaring at the packets thinking I should have stopped years ago, I am thinking ooooh freeeeeeeeeeedommmmmmmm!!!!

Although the probs you must have at the moment can't be very pleasant am I right in assuming there is light at the end of the tunnel. Please don't hit me Cooks!

Thanks all :)

Heaven help me when I have to have the main op, I will need tranquilizing :lol:

And oi Kez as if I would ever hit you :lol: you will have people thinking I am violent! :lol:

yes the probs at the moment are horrible but there is a light at the end of the tunnel which is the hysterectomy after this procedure, sometime in the new year I guess, but I am not concentrating too much on that right now, one step at a time :lol:

To be honest I am still hoping for some miracle cure :lol:

Well it went ok, I am a little sore and I can't say I would want to go through that again in a hurry but it did show up a lot more than the scans did which is good as they now know what the cause is.

But they have confirmed I 100%cannot have the ablation and will see my main consultant again beginning of Jan to discuss the hysterectomy further.

At least I now know the cause, which relieved me no end, even if it did piggin hurt, especially when the biopsies were taken.

Sorry I wasn't able to chat longer this arvo, Cooks. Denise was taking me and my other neighbour out to lunch for a jolly good husband bashing session. Lynn, the other lady, has been getting anxiety problems so you could say it was an outing for daft as a brush ladies with health issues!!!!!

Anyhow I'm glad your mum and dad were with you, sounds a bit unpleasant (putting it mildly) and hope you are feeling a bit better now and not achy hurty any more.

And no Cooks doesn't swipe me. Often. She's too far away and not even her crutches could reach when she was a peg leg! Na na nee na naaaaaa!

xxxxxx

Hope you feel less sore now. It must be a relief to now know what your next cause of action is.

Hysterectomy really is a positive move 8)

Plan your timing, get family rallied around to look after you. If you don't already have a cleaner consider getting one for a few weeks post op (I wanted to but OH was still taking up random floorboards for rewiring so wasn't an option :roll: )

Get tv&dvd for your bedroom and stock up on a box set or two of tv series (I found movies too long for my attention span post op :lol: ).

You want an armchair that you don't sink into ie. that is easy to get in and out(I got one of these http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60106254/ and found it's useful for FIL and my dad to get into and out of when they visit)

Stock up the freezer with a few meals but family need to be able to manage to cook as well.

Then make the most of the enforced rest post op. 8)

Really good ideas there Patricia, will have to get ready and plan for it although part of me was hoping for a different outcome, that said, at least I know the way forward for sure now.

Ok so I need to add box sets of DVDs to my 'what would you like to find under the tree' :lol:

Cleaner is not necessary as hubby is a dab hand around the home, he's a gem :D

Much more comfortable now, although I won't be doing much tonight :lol:

:D Glad it went ok today - do not fear the H despite being a major op it is also one quite a few of us have had for various reasons and all the omleteers who are in this boat have loads of good advice/tips etc.

You cannot rush recovery from any op but it sounds like the biggest support in your OH is already there :clap:

Internet grocery shop is a MUST unless you have someone to shop for you. Not everyones 1st choice, but it really does help

Take it easy after todays procedure and sleep well x

:talk2hand: Final note Cooks - don't worry about what might happen, think of all the positives 1st and foremost, as any complications will probably not become a reality anyway and you would have wasted that precious time worrying for nothing

Think positives :idea::idea::idea::idea: and have a great christmas

x