Cooks

Hysterectomy

Glad to hear you're home. Sorry to hear it's been bad :( I react to very small amounts morphine :shock: so my memories - through the blissful morphine haze :oops: were of feeling like everything was going to get better and whilst there was new pain and discomfort the old constant pain had gone (hard to describe but the post-op pain felt different and felt like pain that would get better so easier to manage).

Do remember the painkillers are anti-inflamatories so will help you recover as well so don't be a hero and try and manage. I kept a little notebook and wrote time and dose so I didn't risk taking too many of anyone type.

I kept a little notebook and wrote time and dose so I didn't risk taking too many of anyone type.

I did the same Patricia - I am allergic to opiates, so had a different mix, and the op was done under a GA with an epidural for post-op pain relief in the first 36 hours. Just take it easy Cooks and get the rest that your body needs. Make sure that OH helps you with a shower or bath.

So glad to read the op went well and you are home. I felt so much better being back at home as I found it virtually impossible to get any sleep in hospital.

That'll be the bruising and anaesthetic - it will wear off. Sleep is a healer, so just rest and recuperate.

Totally agree, plenty of rest and listen to your body. Don't try to do things too soon that don't feel right (if that makes sense). I remember not being able to pick up the kettle for quite a few days after getting home :shock: .

Hello all,

I am doing okay and each day gets a little easier. I still can't pick things up off the floor so could do with one of those picky uppy sticks :lol:

I miss my baths as I am only allowed showers :roll: they are just not the same, but at least I am clean :lol:

Xxx

Sounds as if you're doing well Cooks - tell you what - I'm not normally a bath person, but whilst the first shower was bliss, the first bath was just wonderful. Remember to take a deep breath in and then out every now and then to help get the GA out of your body; a physio in hospital told me this.

It's good to hear you are home and starting the healing process. I think all in I felt out of sorts for about three weeks after the op. I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something not "right" with my body. I think it was the immediate aftershock of the op, and some deep down pain too.

Things will only get better, but give yourself time :)

Quick update:

I am doing ok, there's been a few blips, but nothing serious and I will be returning to work on the 13th if all goes to plan. If I need to shorten my days/hours that option is there but I am hoping I will slot back in fine.

Thank you for all your support. Xx

That is good news. It is good that you can adapt your working day if necessary.

I thought I felt fine, but in all honesty, I was absolutely knackered that week, so it was a good idea.

I was exactly the same. If you feel like that do try to ease up and look after yourself.

It's no good - you'll just have to turf the girls out of their dirt bath. Although I don't think that would be very elegant waving your arms and legs round with the dust flying. On the other hand it would make a blooming big hole!

I love baths and I just couldn't wait to get back into mine and relax. Oh man it was soooo gooooood! But look on the bright side, you don't need to wear a bin liner bound with duct tape around your bits!

Then again when I got in the bath I needed OH to help me out. Except one day I got so far and sat on the edge yelling at him because he decided to take himself outside and after about 20 minutes yelling I got his attention. I was blooming freezing (and stuck so I couldn't get back in the water). He of course thought that was sooooo funny. :evil::boohoo:

First today's back at work have been hard, even with doing shorter days. I was told I expect too much of myself too soon, which is probably right but I hate not being back to full strength, I miss them all so much :D

I will do shorter days when my body tells me I have to, if it's quiet I will stay :lol:

Luckily my director is a fantastic lady so she's been brilliant.