Sheilaz

Does anybody ever feel ..... Part # 20

Erin is going to get a thump if she keeps writing vitriol on my fb bits. Actually that's put it mildly - I've had to block some unpleasantries from her this morning and I'd really like to bag up all her rubbish and shove it out the front door. Oh happy families day.

Clootie made me dizzy - she told me to turn around 3 times anticlockwise to unjinx everything and I'm only doing this quick as his lordship hasn't arrived to chuck me off - heard footsteps but he's gone back in the bathroom - whahayyyyyy. And FB isn't playing fair it won't show my games and I have food about to serve up and He's going to be on here and turn around 3 times . . . 4.gif

Fred, exactly what application do these surds have in 'real life'? I can't get my head around them :?

I don't know, but I have to learn it because it might be in the exam....

Found this on the BBC:

Mr Cameron tells the Sun that he is still getting used to having the top job. As he woke up to the radio news, he thought the newsreader was talking about someone else and then thought: "Oh no, hang on a second - it's me!"
:lol:

I love that Cameron quote.

Talking of school stuff and learning; Rosie had cookery the other day and they had to make a fruit crumble, she was working with another girl and tasked with taking in the ingredients for the crumble topping, the other girl providing the fruit. Now Rosie knows how to make a fruit crumble, but they didn't send back a list of ingredients, nor tell her what quantities they wanted her to provide, so we weighed out what we normally use.

It turns out that the other girl forgot the fruit :roll: so they had to buy some cooking apples from school... so far, so fine.... The crumble came home with raw, unpeeled apples on the bottom :? Rosie tells me that they get no guidance as to how to make any of the dishes and are expected to work it out on their own - this was how her 'partner' thought it should be made! I can't get my head around this - why on earth aren't they taught by example as we do at home? It's all very well asking them to use their minds, but when you're starting from a position of 'unknown' as her partner was, it's a dangerous thing to do.

Its called food technology these days. :lol:

In my opinion (probably my mum's too, she is head of food technology at her school) it is very dangerous, what if the dish was involving chicken?

Are you sure there was no recipe, or demonstration given? A letter to the school is needed, I think.

In my experience it's because they don't teach you to cook, they teach you about bacteria. Bacteria so you can do an exam and then be certified to work anywhere that involves food. Like I am :angel: but I can't because I'm too young.

However, once you've done that section we're allowed to actually make stuff...like cake :wink:

Well we don't do any foody stuff at school ... but the girls school does :roll:

Last night was really good. Pub for a couple of hours, then to the club... we got there early so got in free, but they cram you into a bar before it opens properly so tis really hot.

Most of us from school were there, then some other people I know. Saw someone from my old school, not seen in 7 years! :)

Walked home at 4 :angel:

Got up at 11 but decided to back to bed for a few more hours :wink:

Then it was changed to Food & Nutrition. Now Food Technology. Whassup with Cookery? :roll:

Food & Nutrition and Food Technology are different subjects, schools teach one or the other.

Gee Fred, I'm glad you're here to keep me right :wink:

My DD had 3 lessons of cookery...in D & T :eh: They did an apple crumble without cooking the apples as well :shock: a spaghetti bolognese which was tastleless because she wasn't allowed to take herbs etc and flapjack which was absolutely gorgeous :drool::drool::drool: She cooks better at home :wink: