lillybettybabs

Dogmother/Rosie's accident

I would also like to pass on my best wishes to you both.

DM you must take care of yourself too. It will have been an awful shock to you and as a mum you would have gone into automatic mode. So remember that you need to take care too as the shock may be yet to really come out and you may need an outlet/ support too.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Latest news is that we got her out of bed today! The Physio had her standing briefly with a frame but the pain was too bad to move, she is sat in a chair and reasonably comfy. The plan later today is (hopefully) to get her ear stitched, get her on a commode so that the catheter can be removed and to get her in a wheelchair so that she can have a shower. Her hair is all matted with blood and she feels pretty manky so that will be good.

Great news that Rosie has been able to get out of bed and stand! A shower and clean up will no doubt make her feel a little better or at least a bit more comfortable. She sounds like a determined young lady and I am sure that, once the pain becomes a little more bearable, she will be setting herself on track to beat the recovery targets she has been set. Hope you are okay too Clare and coping with the shock of what has happened.

Glad to hear that all is going well, the shower certainly will help, it's always the first thing Lauren wants to do every time she's in Warwick. Having their clothes cut off at that age isn't much fun either is it? I think Lauren's getting used to having her bras ruined :roll: They'll have to have a get-together on crutches!

It was quiet at the market today :wink:

Better news, then Clare :) ! A shower always makes you feel better and will, I'm sure, work wonders for the brave girl!

Clare, Rosie is in the best place she can be with the best care - please make sure you look after yourself too (sorry, going into 'mother mode!) make whatever you eat count (arn't eggs fab!!!?? :lol: ) and treat yourself to a glass of wine/hot bath if you possibly can - you will be better able to cope with any situation! When YS was in hospital for 8 1/2 weeks (born at 29 wks!) I wore myself out and was then poorly equipped to cope when he finally came home - be kind to yourself too, Clare. Please :roll: !

Give Rosie a hug from me - just hope she copes with the food at the JR!!!! I always found the Halal very good - much more flavour and far more exciting!

Thanks for the sterling advice everyone, and to S0apdrag0n for being my virtual mum 8)

Phil's dad is more stable now so he's able to come up here and has been my house husband, doing the chores that I don't have time for and walking the dogs etc. Just got back from Oxford, Ian has decided to sleep there tonight although I think this is the last night she will need anyone with her as she's now right opposite the nurses' station and they are really lovely.

Some good progress and some delays.... we've had her out of bed, the physio had her standing with a frame earlier but she was white as a sheet with pain and felt sick, she's been in a chair for a couple of hours and my sister came with her family which was nice to change the faces she sees. I've since had her out of bed and standing with the frame, she even managed a couple of shuffles forwards. I nabbed a wheelchair - the sort which only goes backwards - and after 10 mins of shifting got her in that and took her on a tour of the ward.

The ear op has been delayed AGAIN due to various emergencies, but should be done tomorrow - this is key in getting the line out of her arm and the catheter out so that she can have a shower.

Small steps but I'm really proud of her 8) taking a couple of her friends in tomorrow for a surprise visit and if we can get her in the wheelchair again then I'll take them down to the cafe in the foyer.

So, so glad to hear of the progrees that Rosie is making :dance: ! Beingin hospital, even for a short time, can make you feel very claustrophobic so you are doing exactly the right thing in getting Rosie away from the ward for a while! She will so appreciate seeing some new faces too! When the League of Fiends (bless them!) are open I do really reccomend their Belgian buns (just try not to think of Calendar Girls!) :oops:

Sounds as though things on the home front are jogginig along nicely thanksto the Bril Phil 8) ! One less thing to worry about! Mind you, I bet you are getting through a fortune in car park charges......if Rosie may be in for a few days yet you could ask about getting a permit/longer term parking ticket. When YS was in special care we had a permit for free parking but only in staff car parks and a freind, who's OH was in the cardiac unit, got a reduced price weekly ticket! The nurses should know or you could try the parking office which is one of the portacabins opposite the main entrance.

Do hope the ear op goes ahead ASAP and poor Rosie can get into the shower - theres only so much you can do with a wet wipe :roll: !

Poor Rosie, I really feel for her, and for you. How suddenly things can change in lives.

That shower will feel like the best thing ever had, and if someone can lay their hands on some fluffy socks for afterwards.... Heaven!

Keep yourself rested as much as you can too, as you matter so much to her healing process, DM.

Take care of yourselves, all.

hugs

Poor Rosie (and poor you).

Hope the ear op is done quickly so she chn get the catheter out, and have that shower. It's a big psychological step towards feeling liek things are improving.

How lovely of Phil's dad to come and be house husband, and of your ex to stay the night with Rosie.

HUgs to you all.