lillybettybabs

Dogmother/Rosie's accident

Thanks so much for your wishes, which I have relayed. Just popped back home for a shower, food and sleep before I go back. Here dad is minding her at the moment.

As Eggers kindly posted, she has been able to sit up a bit now and was in tears with the pain but the sooner she is mobile, the sooner they can take out the catheter and she can have a shower 8) She has 3 pelvic fractures, a nasty bump on the head, a torn ear (plastics are mending this today) and some nasty abrasions down her left side. All in all she has been very lucky!

I am shattered and will get stuff together and have nap now.

Rosie thanks you for your wishes.

Just picked up on this thread; so sorry to hear the news, I can't imagine how awful this must have been for Clare and Rosie. So glad that things are now looking more positive. We are only about 15 mins fromthe JR if you fancy a break and a cuppa, Clare.....Rosie sounds very positive and determined......go for it girl!

Thinking of you and sending positive vibes upto Headington! Keep us posted!

I'm really sorry to hear this DM, it sounds very serious, thank goodness if everything can be fixed although a fractured pelvis sounds horrendous. I'm sure a strong mental attitude is half the battle, so the very best wishes to Rosie for the long haul. And when the immediate panic is over, do make sure you look after yourself properly as well. What a terrible thing to have happened for you both. Sending you both my very best vibes for a good and speedy recovery.

A quick update from DM. Rosie is now sitting up and they are planning to get her standing tomorrow and into a condition where she can have a shower etc. They have delayed the plastics work on her ear until tomorrow. DM says that she is more comfortable and happier and she is holding up in the circumstances.