lillybettybabs

Dogmother/Rosie's accident

Claire, I can't remember the last time I came on here, but I am glad I did. My love to you and Rosie. I am in Oxford now, literally 10 mins from the hospital, so if you want to escape for a coffee, or anything, let me know. I will pm you my phone number. Hoping Rosie will be able to go home very quickly. Hospitals are such horrid places!

Thanks Annie, but there never seems to be any spare time here; we 're always waiting to see someone! :roll:

Not a brilliant day today, started with Rosie needing trip to the loo before her pain meds had kicked in, so she nearly passed out with the pain :( not what you want at 6am. It got worse from there onwards really... The meds make her really'bunged up' and the laxatives aren't having any effect so she's in pain with that too. On the plus side she is getting ver y good with the wheelchair when the crutches make her tired.

I was really zonked by the time I made it home this afternoon, only to have a shower, change my clothes, eat the meal that pHil had prepared and rush back. Ho humm, still, she should be out tomorrow if she does well with the physio and can 'produce'.

Poor Rosie - hospitals ALWAYS do that to me too so I always ask for Lactulose as a matter of course!

Recovery is a long road and there are often a few rough patches along the way - only to be expected, I suppose, after what her poor body has been through. However, the main thing is that the good days outnumber the bad and clearly they do so she is heading in the right direction! Hope this 'blip' hasn't got her down; tomorrow is another day - hopefully at home which will be such a HUGE boost for you all!!

Look after yourself too, Clare!

We are at home!!! 8)8) long day waiting for her to be checked and signed off, then a careful drive home with al the gear they've lent us.

She's had a careful shower and is working out how to do things here as opposed to the hospital. She needs to take things carefully and slowly, recognise her limitations and use her wheelchair. I need to go to bed in my own bed! 8)

Thank you all so much for your support and help; it has been a lifeline when I was stuck in the JR and not even able to get mobile reception.

OMG Clare, not been on for ages. So sorry that you and Rosie are going through this. ((hugs)) for a speedy recovery for Rosie.

So glad that she is now home. This will help the healing process as she is somewhere where she feels safe & with the people she loves.

It will also help you as it has been an extremely stressful time. Hopefully now you can relax a bit more and start to recharge your batteries.

BIG ((hugs)) to you both.

lotsa love

xx