lillybettybabs

Dogmother/Rosie's accident

Thanks for keeping us updated DM.

I have been with LisaP this morning, and we've both commented on how Rosie is constantly in our thoughts.

What I do know is that Rosie is a strong and determined young woman, with a fabulous Mum. So whilst there is probably a challenging journey ahead, I know it's one that you will both battle through with courage, positivity and love.

Please let Rosie know that she is in my thoughts, as are you Clare xx

Ach, that's so frustrating that the ear op has been put back again. I really hope that they can get that done very soon as a girl can only go so long without a shower!

Phil sounds like he is being an absolute hero (one less thing to worry about if house and animals are being taken care of) and I am certain that Rosie will be delighted to have some friends come and visit, and to get off the ward for a short while.

Only just seen this thread. I am so, so sorry about Rosie's accident. As a mum too I truly understand how sick you must have felt when you got the news that she had been involved in an accident. I do hope the operation is not held up any longer as she will be getting desperate for her shower. Sending lots of love to you both and get well wishes to a very brave young lady.

Just a really quick update as I'm rushing and then driving back again. She had the op today and has 10 stitches in her ear and quite a bit of glass and gravel removed. catheter is now out so she's said goodbye to her 'golden handbag' :lol: she has had a hairwash and shower - involved me getting in with her! just the cannula to come out now and she feels better and is taking tiny shuffles with her granny frame.

Hope Rosie is feeling better and had a shower - wish I could send virtual cleansing :anxious: know how good it is to feel clean after trauma, but love and positivity are equal, so boost from mates visit hopefully :D

Lesley - Lauren, still in my thoughts - both you and Clare share such strong females to be proud of ( in my opinion) - and what a wonderful reminder that the forum is full of such support from wonderful people :clap:

Hope a new week will provide new challenges overcome with positives for Rosie and Lauren, also everyone associated with Omlet :D

Sending more hugs to you and Rosie.

Please make sure that you eat, sometimes people are focused on the poorly person, they end up suffering themselves (I've seen this happen) (((hugs)))

Glad Rosie's eat is clear :D wow, sounds like they had a good clear out :) she must be feeling better for the shower too :D

Send her our love

Cathy

X

Clare-have tried to PM you but either brain or Omlet pming thingy not working - probably brain :wall: !!!! OH has worked with many of the orthopods at the JR and NOC and wondered who Rosie's Consultants is (hoping KW!!) PM me if you want to!

Great news about the ear, catheter and shower-now the poor gilr can feel human again!!! Trust YOU are taking care too - remember, you'll need to be on the ball when Rosie comes home so don't run yourself ragged!!! Deep breeeeeeeeaaathhhhh!

Rosie is the second person in three days I have heard of being in the JR due to breaks; Nat's (ES) swimming teacher (a young lass of immense energy and verve!) who also works as a retained firefighter, has ended up flat out with broken ribs after two firemen fell on her. There have to be worse ways to break ribs! :oops::shock: Apparently she has been ableto see the funny side and says it has blown her street cred at the station!

Thanks guys, have managed to borrow the iPad which they lend the kids for schoolwork!

I spoke to my uncle last night; he's a retired orthopaedic surgeon, he told me that she can expect to be pain free in 2 weeks, on crutches and healing in 4-6 weeks and consolidating the mends in a further 2 weeks, so a long haul but she's very independent and determined! 8)

Friends were a real tonic yesterday but she was knackered afterwards. My friend runs the Oxford Roller Derby team and a couple of the team are doctors here so they promise to pop in later this afternoon.. I hope they aren't on their skates!

Last night I took her friends back but was too tired to drive back to the hospital so Phil brought me I and Rosie and I had an early night. Slept quite well considering 8)

Glad to hear that Rosie has had her op, lost her handbag and had a shower.

As others have said look after yourself DM, once she is home you will need all your strength.

When DD had her leg in plaster and needed looking after I was amazed how tiring it was, I did have her two girls too (1 and 5) but DD was hard work initially :D

More gentle hugs to you both.

Chrissie

So glad to see your update and that Rosie has had her ear op and the catheter removed, as someone who has been on the receiving end of a catheter once or twice, I know what a relief it is to have it gone :wink:

As Space Chick has said I was with her yesterday morning and commented that I'd always got the feeling from your posts that Rosie is a lovely, positive girl and Space Chick replied "oh she is, and some!" :D

So pleased she is well on her way to recovery and hugs and best wishes for it to continue so positively.

Lisa P