lillybettybabs

Dogmother/Rosie's accident

I have not been on here for months but just logged on and seen this. So sorry to hear about Rosie's injuries. Along with everyone else, sending positive thoughts and hugs across the Internet. Hope she feels better soon. Look after yourself as well DM! xxxx

Yes DM, take care both of you, really sorry to hear about Rosie, I think she is the same age as my daughter so can only imagine the emotions etc you are going through DM. Take care and look after yourself too. If you need anything to help you, I cannot recommend arnica pillules too highly, they help with emotional shock and care of the inner you as well as healing...available from Boots and chemists. Take care XX

Am thinking of you both Clare. Hope Rosie makes a speedy recovery and try not to let her overdo it-easier said than done I know-I remember what it was like having Dad cluttering up the place whilst he was recovering from his fractured pelvis and hip replacement a few years ago. Puts my falling over today in the shadows or mere annoyance really-I tripped over on campus, have grazed hands and knees and a nasty gashed forehead as a result of my specs breaking...a £75 costing annoyance, as the frames were out of warranty by 2 months.

Told Mum and Dad about Rosie too, and you are both in our prayers this evening.

Thank you all for your wishes and advice; Rosie is truly blown away by it and got a bit tearful when I read some of the texts out to her.

As CM has reported, I had a break this afternoon to get back and walk the dogs, eat, shower and have a nap. I'd only been asleep about 15 mins when the hospital called wanting me to go in and sign the consent form for her ear op (her dad can't sign it as he's not her legal guardian) drove in there as they wanted to proceed asap only to find that they'd had to take an emergency down and she now has to wait until tomorrow :roll: Rosie looked much better, no longer grey and shocked, she'd had the physio round and could move her legs and was able to raise the head of the bed to sit up a bit.

Since then I have given her a bed bath, changed her clothes (she was still in a sports bra and partially cut off running gear) and changed the bed, which was a bit of a challenge. I left her an hour ago as Ian has offered to spend the night there so that I can grab some sleep. She has an ipad which the ward loans out for internet access and is doing school work. School is sending work home, and are fully geared fro 'disabled' students so can have her back part time if I take and collect her, and will assign a minder to help her get around on crutches.

All in all it's positive news today.

Thanks Fred, we saw the police yesterday but she was in no condition to speak to them, haven't seen them since :roll: I did ask them to let the woman driving the car know that R is OK, and also to convey our thanks to the lady who stopped her car to block the traffic and helped Rosie, calling me on her phone, and getting an ambulance.