Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Super photos - I see Mars in the last pic too - at the top!  Unless it's a spec on my laptop screen!

Blackyrocks - you do not have to give your name and address and it has nothing to do with trading standards!  It's purely for marketing purposes and then you'd end up with a ton of junk mail from them and the people they pass your details on to.  Good choice on passing and purchasing elsewhere.  Apparently this is happening a lot - I keep getting asked for my email address for electronic receipt.  Nope - ask for a paper one - you are not obliged to divulge any personal info.  Grrrr!

I bought YS some boots from Mountain Warehouse and they asked for my e mail address to send me the invoice and, when I politely refused, the assistant got really snotty and said it was their practice to e mail the receipt and she wouldn't give me a paper one. I asked to see the manager and told him that bullying customers into giving their e mail details out was not acceptable and that there was no reason on Earth why I couldn't have a paper receipt. He immediately went into grovel mode and I got my bit of paper. Ridiculous! Too many people have far too much information on us!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I think I missed something there Catsy!  Or maybe not!

You didn’t really. But there was some person who posted junk over all the boards. Think it was about 16 messages, all in different languages offering to make fake passports...

Edited by Cat tails

I’m in two minds about emailed receipts.  I’m less likely to lose an emailed one. So I have agreed once I’ve checked that they aren’t going to sell my details, send me spam or advertising matter.  That was B and Q and Pandora ( present for granddaughters). 

I agree about emailed receipts, Apple always do it and they’re so easy to find if you have a problem, especially for those of us living abroad.

I’m back in India working with a charity neuter clinic so we get to do surgery every day. I’m the Student Rep at our uni for the charity and brought 12 of us out here for two weeks, then I’m staying for another two weeks after that with the next group.

04892147-D580-4896-A4EB-30206F04972F.thumb.jpeg.934448d19fb4154c5083b8ae9ffcb24b.jpeg

• Like 2

Lovely pics Lewis. You know some people don't get  the concept of chicken ownership. Was telling my friend about the hennery my girlies stayed in (Fowlers in South Mimms) and she said " how did you know when you went back which were yours"? xDShe's a manager and very bright. 

Had to tell her they aren't all put in together, Rubee and Lucille had their own des  res.  Visions of going into a herd of chickens and just grabbing whatever takes your fancy chuck wise.. could swap my 2 mature ladies for a younger pair. 

• Like 1

I often have to stop and think how lucky I am ...not sure I'd have anything near as interesting to fill a book though :lol: 

Got home on Sunday evening and had the most amazing time, I really do love India. Have lots of photos and stories to share so will get them on my laptop and make a post soon.

• Like 3

Those spammers on this forum are getting more sneaky. Starting a random question (like the one sleeping with your dog) and then when they reply, they add spam links in their first post answer! Here is us genuinely replying to their questions, and there is them just spamming us with unwanted stuff...

At least with the old forum you had the few days waiting period before becoming a member. We hardly ever had these spammers, but since the new forum, we’ve had loads.

15 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I just read and reported that post - very sneaky!

There was another one about hens not laying when free ranging! I was actually trying to report the dog post, when it disappeared. At least that is fast too.

Edited by Cat tails

I just heard from my son and daughter in law that they are both safe in Japan. They've had quite a couple of days with the typhoon and the earthquake and now a crazy lightening storm. Thank goodness it's so easy to keep in touch. My son texted that they were OK before I knew the earthquake had happened. There have been some mudslides but I think their home is in a more open valley. I checked on Google Earth. 

I hope they continue to stay safe and well, I know how worrying this must be for you and for them.  Thinking of you all.  We had a mini earthquake here a few days ago, just rumbles and some creaks in the house, but obviously absolutely nothing like Japan.  There was a programme on last week with Grayson Perry on marriages around the world, including one from Japan.  I didn't see it, but he is normally very interesting.

• Like 1