patsylabrador

Lockdown

1 hour ago, soapdragon said:

Yet more pics in the news today of demos in London by anti lockdown idiots, none wearing masks - grrrrr! 

Selfish, short sighted, deliberately ignorant and stupid. They’ll expect to be treated by the NHS if they get Covid as a result.

Hope your side effects wear off soon Soapdragon. 

I heard someone on the radio saying his wife wasn’t willing to risk the vaccine when there was no risk if she didn’t have it because then the worst that could happen would be that she might get covid. ... um ... 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, soapdragon said:

Had my vaccine yesterday afternoon and woke up at 2am with stinking headache, dry mouth, nausea, high fever (38.1) and the shakes. In spite of paracetamol and ibuprofen every 2 hours this continued and have been feeling so tired and 'out of it' all day. Keep telling myself that it is proving that the vaccine is in my system and busily producing the required antibodies. Most people that I have spoken to in the village have had a similar reaction to the AZ but, given the alternative (full blown Covid) it's def worth it!

Yet more pics in the news today of demos in London by anti lockdown idiots, none wearing masks - grrrrr! 

Hope your feeling better today x

• Thanks 1

Ditto that SD hope you are better this morning. Arm sore but manageable. I agree MH people are stupid. 

I never as a nurse was so pro vaccine, during MMR debate I felt if parents wanted to risk not having their kids vaccinated that was up to them. Did advise them that if they had daughters should consider that if in the future she wanted her own children she should consider being vaccinated against Rubella. 

However now I've lived thro a pandemic I am horrified at the rubbish written and sprouted  by people and frankly will tell them. Thankfully those I care about feel the same way and have had their jabs. 

Stay safe all xx

• Thanks 1

I hope you are feeling better this morning Soapdragon, a friend of mine has also had the same reactions you describe after the AZ vaccine.  I really don't understand people and the no mask thing, I have read about it a lot, and yesterday I saw a photo of tourists in Lisbon without masks, it makes you so furious doesn't it.  I tend to the AG line in that everybody has the right to decide what to do with their own body, but equally they don't have the right to endanger other people's lives.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the good wishes....feeling slightly more normal (whatever that is!!) but the arm is still excrutiating! But still better than Covid!

I just cannot believe how blind some people are being...now the tourism industry seems to be putting pressure on the Govt to allow Brits abroad....just as things are getting worse, rather than better, on the continent! Are there really those so selfish that they will risk yet another wave, and possible concomitant lockdown, for a holiday!? I'd love to bang heads together but fear it would be a long process!

As to the banning of export of a vaccine that many in Europe don't seem to want to have anyway.........

Good to hear you are a little better. Two colleagues had their vaccine (Pfizer) same as me and both very sore arms and feverish and tired - both second jabs. One had covid in Jan and is still run down. I dont know if ethincity plays a part as we know Asian and black people get covid worse and both my colleagues are Asian lasses. 

Frankly I was better with second than first. I did feel tired so went to bed at 10. But have been stressed due to work and other things. all good wishes and virtual hugs albeit a gentle one as we all have sore arms. xx

I had AZ on Friday afternoon too Soapdragon.

My arm is still sore, especially when I go to put a coat on or sleep on it. I also had a pretty bad head ache and got cold shivers later in the evening. The shivers had gone by the time I got up and the head ache wasn't as bad. 

I even got a sticker, just like Boris's.

My mum was very disappointed when I told her that I got given a sticker as she didn't get one 😎

• Haha 1

They have just told us on the French news that the Moderna vaccine is available now and the Johnson and Johnson from April. I think both are single jabs, but not certain? BUT they have also said that for the time being, until all the priority cases have been vaccinated, under 70's in good health are OFF the vaccination programme! It was only yesterday they gave us a June date; disorganised or what?

• Confused 1

On 3/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, Luvachicken said:

I had AZ on Friday afternoon too Soapdragon.

My arm is still sore, especially when I go to put a coat on or sleep on it. I also had a pretty bad head ache and got cold shivers later in the evening. The shivers had gone by the time I got up and the head ache wasn't as bad. 

I even got a sticker, just like Boris's.

My mum was very disappointed when I told her that I got given a sticker as she didn't get one 😎

Well, I didn't get a sticker (stomps off to sulk 😡!) I shall ask for one next time! Seriously, glad you were OK...OH says his arm is still sore nearly 2 weeks later but at least he doesn't have a bra strap to wrestle with. If I'd realised how painful the arm was going to be I'd have hit the M & S site and ordered a front loader.

• Haha 2

They explained what was going on with this Astrazeneca 'row' this morning. Apparently the EU has ordered 110 million doses from them but has only received 30. In the meantime 20 million have been exported to the UK. So the statement made was that no more will be allowed to be exported until the EU order has been fulfilled.

1 hour ago, Beantree said:

They explained what was going on with this Astrazeneca 'row' this morning. Apparently the EU has ordered 110 million doses from them but has only received 30. In the meantime 20 million have been exported to the UK. So the statement made was that no more will be allowed to be exported until the EU order has been fulfilled.

They came back from that statement as they are afraid that the import of other vaccines will grind to a halt as well. They don’t want to run the risk that other nations will prevent vaccines from being exported to the EU as well.

I think there is a bit of a split between EU Member States, with some, with France being particularly vocal, wishing to ban exports, whilst others don't want to explicitly commit to doing that.  As far as I understand, the European Commission has voted to allow individual Member States to ban exports, but not all leaders of all MS actually want to do it and so won't use the power. So, as in many things in politics, its a bit of a fudge.

2 hours ago, soapdragon said:

I guess a tail would be better than a blood clot - you'd certainly make more money from it! Glad to hear you are now fully protected (although my theory is that we'll all be having yearly boosters like we do with the flu jab now!)

A tail would help with my balance which seems to be getting worse and worse. lol

I had the Pfizer jab, so I wasn't caught up in the AZ drama... although for all I know, that one might be worse. I'm just pleased that I've had it - and so quickly. Never been so pleased to be considered a key worker!!

The only reaction I had to the second jab is the fact the nurse didn't mess about with that needle - she meant business. It felt a bit sore for a couple of hours, but other than that, completely fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patricia W said:

My second jab booked next week!  Then I gather we oldies are having a booster in the autumn.  Fine by me.  Anything to get back to normal 

My partner is still waiting for his. He was 41 this year, so after the over 45s, I am assuming he's next in line. Which means I only got to skip the queue a little. I'm 40 this year, so I'm assuming it was a matter of months before I got stuck anyway.

The on-line system was at last opened today for vaccines for the over 60's, without any health issues, at centres which have been set up in the local towns. They give Pfizer only; Astrazeneca has been given at chemists to anyone over 55 who wants it for a few weeks now, but you have to go in to book and then go in for the jab. I've been given dates and times for the first and second: the third, which is really the first of the first renewal vaccine, will follow 6 months later. OH hasn't booked yet because the places two weeks later (to allow for side effects with me, as someone has to look after the chickens) aren't on-screen yet.

That's really good news Beantree, we are still stuck in a fog, waiting to hear announcements which change one week to the next.  I think nearly 2m people have been vaccinated, which is about 20% of the population, a mix of over 80s and key workers, which is good, but obviously we are dependent on vaccine stocks being available for the wider population and that seems to be the thing that changes.  We don't have an online system, 'somebody' contacts you by text apparently, but until it happens I can't help worrying we might be left off some list or other.  Anyway, I do feel lucky to be living a quiet rural life, with relatively low risk levels, so will carry on waiting patiently!