Lewis

RIP Poet...

Funny you should say that Ali's Girls... I only made her lemon tart about a week ago.

Docsquid, you have put my feelings across eloquently. The world does need people like Justine, and will be lacking without her :(

I never met her, but we did have a few online heated debates in our time which I will remember fondly.

Very sad news, Justine joined the forum at a similar time to me or just after. I knew that she had health problems but its still a shock to hear of her death.

Perhaps the forum could become a little more tolerant of other members in the future now, considering that a former- -maybe the first?- regular contributer forum member has died. I mean that with all respect, we must learn to be kinder to others as we never know when our or other peoples last day on this Earth will be.

Love to Ian & her mum x

What a shock :(

Like others, I had a few heated discussions with her at first, but we exchanged a few lovely private messages after her father passed away, and she made some comments on my blog, which was nice of her. I had noticed she hadn't been on here for a while, but I'm not a facebook user so wasn't sure why.

I remember her postings about picking elderflowers, I think her and Ian must have filled the whole back of the car with flower heads, they must have made gallons of the stuff!

She was a truly passionate lady about everything that interested her, and if she gained a new interest she really threw herself into it, with gusto!

RIP Justine, way too young to leave us.

How very sad :( I remember enjoying her posts, tbh I don't remember ever finding her controversial. I remember the lovely wedding photo she posted on here with her 20's style dress and head band. :)

Edited to find the link to the photo http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32674&p=510574&hilit=justine+wedding#p510574 just scroll down

Edited by Guest

I was only thinking about some of the omleteers I hadn't seen on her recently Poet being one of them I am truly shocked and saddened at this news I had no idea Poet was poorly :shock: I liked that she wasn't afraid to voice her opinions and not once did I ever take offence. My thoughts are with her family

RIP Justine

Oh my god. I am in absolute shock! I really can't take it it. What is wierd is I was going to ask about her on here a bit ago, as hadn't seen any of her posts for a long time.

I don't think we should be remembering her for ' heated discussions' - everyone has an opinion on every subject & is quite entitled to do so, whether we like it or not. A forum is a place for discussion.

We should be remembering her as a person & all the valuable things she did & gave in her life!

I remember her sharing her crochet hat pattern with me, with the flower on the side. I sat & crocheted lots of them. Oh & that lemon tart. Mm mm mm. I also remember watching a video of her reciting a poem at The Everyman Theatre in Liverpool. That was really good.

Was Justine ill? Taken too young. Rest in Peace Justine! :cry:

Emma.x