gavclojak

I'm getting married!!!! This Friday!!!!

Hi everyone, I thought I would share some news with you all. My dad who is 66 has been bravely fighting cancer for the last two years. He has unfortunately taken a downwards turn and has been admitted to a hospice.

I have been with my partner for 30 years and its something we have always thought about but never got around to doing.

With the help of some amazing people at the hospice, we have got a special license and I am getting married Friday! I have not told my three kids, I'm telling them we are having a blessing for my dad and it will be a surprise for them.

I have 2 days to get it organised but it's just the way I want it, I don't want the "circus" I'm too old just everyone I love in a lovely room in the hospice. Wish me luck:))

Thanks everyone. I'm off to a pre arranged shopping day with my daughter so I have to buy something to wear without giving it away. Just ordered my ring...so much to do:))

They have just started dad on ketamine for pain relief. He is so brave and at 66 still has so much to offer. My heart is broken but i will not and have not Shed one tear in front of him. I won't do that!

I'm really sorry about your Dad, mine was diagnosed with a terminal illness and was one of the reasons we got married when we did.

I hope you found something lovely to wear yesterday without giving the game away. I hope you have an amazing day tomorrow which will leave you with some fantastic memories xxx