Angie

What do Men want for Christmas ????

I must have emailed OH a dozen times and sms'd him lots over the last two weeks .....asking what does he want for Christmas ? :!::!:

I have yet to get a reply. He is home on the 19th so trying to get something so close to the day is going to be hell.

I have treats and smellies and clothing but no idea for his main gift. If he would just answer me with ideas .

I mean the senior communications engineering officer with all the latest equipement at his finger tips to communicate with people all around the world....which he does frequently, but not with me ! It drives me mad.

So ladies and gents ......What do our men want this year ?

All ideas greatly accepted as i am running out of things to think of.

Mine asked for a laptop or a desk chair, I bought him a laptop, he has since announced he doesn't need one :wall: Well tough, he has got one!!!!! He is always difficult to buy for, as are most males once they grow out of Lego and Xbox games, so it seems, or maybe I am just rubbish a gift buying?

Socks!? :oops::lol:

Actually OH wears shirts that require cufflinks and he has become known for having 'unusual' ones so I usually manage to ferret out a pair worthy of remarks!!!! Trouble is, they are small and I do tend to forget where I have hidden them if I buy them too early in the year!

Gadgets......keys that are nail files or bottle openers but actually look like keys and fit onto a keyring. Books - often ones that I fancy reading too! Top Gear stuff.......we don't go overboard on presents anyway - even the children only get a few smallish things as others are very generous too and its easy to get carried away; so we don't!! :D

My husband honestly wants socks :!:

Probably the best thing i have ever got him is that I did once buy him a weekend away, as in just for me and him. The last present I gave him was an envelope explaining that we had a weekend booked and babysitter sorted. He was really really chuffed I'd arranged for us time.

My hubby is getting a tin of liquorice allsorts :lol: We've decided not to bother buying eachother pressies as we generally buy what we want/need throughout the year anyway. I do usually end up buying him sweets of some sort anyway. The other year I bought him a box full of various liquorice things from the website A Quarter Of. That went down well

I have got mine:

A mug with the periodic table on it

A Hawaiian Shirt (running joke - he gets on every year)

A bottle of Caramel Vodka which he liked at a Christmas fair

A great MENSA brain teaser - extra hard 8)

A Stanley brand Hammered finish hip flask

M&S Chocolate liquer cherries & Hot Tub Time Machine on DVD

Sorted :lol:

My dad however is a nightmare to buy for :twisted:

I usually revert to posh alcohol of some kind, most men seem to like obscure single malts or vodkas. Some get my attempts at sloe gin etc :lol:

Gadgets can be a bit of a minefield (men are terrible tech s"Ooops, word censored!"s - it's the equivalent of them trying to pick a handbag, I suspect).

Driving days often go down well - whether driving a tank, a ferrari, caterham etc but the good ones are rather pricey

It really helps if they have a hobby of some sort - should be encouraged to make life easier!

:idea: Not the newest release - but a great read, my copy has been stolen by my Swimming athlete of 11yrs old :lol:

Dr Steve Peters, The Chimp Paradox (Mind management) book - great for EVERYONE and not full of ilogical psychobabble :wink:

I think this is a great read for parents, coaches, teachers and all, to understand what really makes us behave the way we do :anxious:

If there's anything he really wants, he'll have mentioned it before now - probably several times. It's not hint dropping, just the fact that what's uppermost in his mind will crop up in conversation.

If there's nothing he really wants, I'll confirm that socks, booze and other standard stuff will be just as appreciated as anything, so no need for you to stress yourself trying to find something unusual.

We're a straightforward breed, so no need to assume greater difficulty than is apparent.

What about

A leatherman or other good multitool

Power kite

Scalelectric

Kindle

Torch

Selection of local beers

4 wheel drive experience, everyone loves that

Good walking socks

Low alpine fleece lined peak cap

spork

Mines getting a mountain equipment body warmer this year. I dread to think what he's got me I've had a power washer, petrol strimmer, rechargeable hedge trimmer and other garden tools. Very useful but I don't like gardening.

You have to appreciate the fact that anything "really techy" he gets to play with at work , so on the street tech is a bit dated as far as he is concerned, and wearing khaki everyday is a bind as he just goes to stores for replacements. When in his own home from home he lounges in tank vest tops and shorts,and flip flops on his feet, so he requires nothing too much for living in the heat.

As for home in UK he has lots of nice things to wear, and he is never here for more than a week or two at a time. He travels with laptop , notebook and four mobile phones....just so people can reach him if they need to , which they do , often .

I do like the idea of mensa puzzles ( hard ones ) . I can't ply him with too much food or drink as his medical is in January , so he always cuts back through December/January.....I can't arrange a driving day as i never know if he will get called back at short notice ( happens often too.).

What i would like is a day shut away with him with NO email access, mobile phones and No news in any shape or form . Just have him all to myself with no worries of the outside world , It was much nicer when he carried just One pager, i had a chance of delaying his answering it. He is too accessible these days.

Maybe an I.O.U. certificate for when he finally retires with a list of all the things we will do ?????

What i would like is a day shut away with him with NO email access, mobile phones and No news in any shape or form . Just have him all to myself with no worries of the outside world

When I mentioned a weekend away I didn't mention that it was at somewhere with a spa...no phones allowed. Could he do this?