mullethunter

Ironing

I used to have to iron everything... including bedclothes!

My old washer managed to put creases in just about any fabric. To a point that I was wondering if it was even physically possible to have that many creases in one shirt...

My new washingmachine on the other hand!

Bought it in Januari and yet have to get the iron out of the closet since! :dance:

I hate ironing and only do it on the very rare occasion I have bought something for a formal occasion which needs it. My work wardrobe is non iron, and there is no way anything casual is going near an iron. In the past I have ironed duvet covers for Mother-shaped guests, but I no longer bother - I have accepted my beds are never going to look like they've just stepped out of a magazine, although sleeping in freshly laundered and ironed bedlinen is a really lovely sensation. But I am just lazy and not fussed enough. My best move is that I bought an ironing board in Portugal, 4 years ago. It has been used once by a friend who ironed a tablecloth for me as a birthday present :lol:

I like ironing :oops: although not so much when there is massive pile.

I iron everything except socks and knickers.

I do admit to only ironing the top side of duvets and sheets though :lol:

I park my ironing board in front of the kitchen window so I can see my chickens and off I go.

I iron shirts, blouses, school uniform, jeans, t shirts but not undies, tea towels or socks! I do all the shirts for the week (5 school and 5 work) at the weekend so that there is no panic mid week and then do a few half hour sessions during the week so that It doesn't build up. A good time is between 3.30pm and 4.30pm as boys are chilling out after school and its just before I need to get the supper on. I have to be disciplined otherwise it wouldn't happen. Don't much enjoy it but would rather iron than clean!

I've never ironed in the 6 years I've been at Uni :lol:

We have a great washing machine at home. I put my dirty laundry in the machine, turn it on and then a few hours later it dries, irons and folds it and puts it on the end of my bed! 8)8)8)

Mother irons everything except underwear, even duvets are ironed in this house! When we were younger and Mom was working full time my Nan used to come round every Tuesday to do the ironing and pick us up from school ...she would even iron pants and socks!

We have a great washing machine at home. I put my dirty laundry in the machine, turn it on and then a few hours later it dries, irons and folds it and puts it on the end of my bed! 8)8)8)

My children also have this kind of washing machine :lol:

Only they put their washing in a basket first which the washing fairy sorts for them :wink:

:lol:

My ex MIL used to iron everything - even socks and pants, as above! I don't enjoy it and hardly do any.

I wear lots of knit fabric which doesn't really need it. I might iron the duvet cover if I were selling the house and wanted it to look good, can't see the point otherwise. I used to iron tea towels but since I discovered Marie Kondo I roll them up in a drawer and they don't need it. So it's linen trousers (rarely worn), a couple of cotton shirts ditto, and scarves when they've been washed; that's about it. I don't have a tumble dryer, I just fold things carefully and dry trousers and skirts on hangers. I'm considered to look 'smart' by my friends. :lol:

I have to be in the right mood for ironing and I don't iron anything like as much as I used to.

These days it's mainly shirts and table linen. I used to iron bed linen and still do pillowcases if I feel like it.

There was a time when I used to starch table and bed linen, but not any more even though it looks and feels much better with a bit of crispness in it.

Thank goodness for modern fabrics and a dress down policy at work :D

My 4 year old one is rubbish. Wasn't cheap, but the metal mesh of the board itself is rusting like crazy and staining the cover. It's a Leifheit. Was thinking of buying a complete wooden one, before I got my new washing machine.

Edited by Guest