Chortle Chook

What do you say to your chooks 1st thing in the am?

Good Morning stinky girls, sleep well? (to the bigguns)

Hello my little Chookadoodles or Chickadees (to the littluns)

They all get night, night, sleep tight - and a little pat on their cube/shack

And then there's the various conversations through the day as you do stuff around them. :oops:

"Morning Ladies" or "Morning my Gorgeous Girls" as I approach the run.

then (usually), adjusted according to the order they come out:

"hello Roobarb, hello Lotti, hello Custard, hello Florence, Hello Milly, Hello Poppy can I have a cuddle?No Ok, then. Til-----deeee? Tilda, are you all right sweetheart? Do you want to come out or are you OK where you are? "

My first words are usually "patience" shortly followed by "shut up Connie" as they hear me putting their food in the run and start stamping at the door and squeaking impatiently (Connie). Then as I let them out they get a "morning ladies, did we sleep well". Usually have a wee chat with a cuppa before I go to work (not so much now it's still dark) and a "be good and play nice" as I leave then they are all in bed when I get home now but they get a "night night chook chooks" and a wee stroke through the cube roof - usually get some purrs or coos from each. We are definitely all mental!

Chooks! and then i ramble at them about whatever - work, weather, lack of eggs, amount of poo, that I can't find my whatever, don't peck my fingers/toes/trousers, have you seen the cat etc etc

This should be a matter of public record, for fear that when I'm old and doddery it may be taken as a sign of missing marbles! :lol: