Grandmashazzie

This dreadful disease

Just heard incredibly sad news this morning that my ED's friend died last night.Harriett was only 36 and diagnosed with breast cancer 6 months ago.She leaves 2 little girls aged 2 and 9months.I have just been thinking this time last year she was looking forward toChristmas and her new baby and now she's gone.Sorry to burden readers with sorrow at this time of year.My thoughts and prayers are with her family.RIP

We lost a friend to breast cancer just a few days ago. She was far too young. She had been battling it for a little while, but earlier this year she was feeling well enough to think about keeping hens and she was planning to come and look at my girls when the weather warmed up. But by that time it was clear that hen-keeping was out of the question.

Though there is never a good time to lose someone, I always think just before Christmas is extra sad for the families.

RIP both.

Been there myself with my own mother. I was 11 my brothers were 13 and 15. My father had died 2 years before from a brain tumor. The C word is just awful, the pain and unfairness of it never leaves you. However, I'm 45 now (mum was 33) I've got 4 very healthy lovely , young adults/children. Wish mum and dad had seen them, but have never really believed how lucky I am to have my own family. Tested regularly myself. Here's to the future :clap: and god bless the poor people that are affected by this awful, awful disease :)

Thank you omleteers for your kind words.To Chickendoddle my mum used to say 'Your health is your wealth' and the more people I speak to I can't believe how many people have recently lost loved ones or going through treatment.Also sorry to hear of your losses too,how sad.But it sounds as if your parents would be proud of you.