Ain't Nobody Here

Eek! I've got an interview! *didn't get it :-( *

Really sorry to hear it - but you did so well to be selected from that many applicants, and that is very positive feedback. Fingers crossed for next time.

There's always the possibility that he/she won't take up the job, you know!

Sorry to hear that Vicki but things happen for a reason - something better will come along and you'l be that more relaxed at the next interview.

I agree with this. What is for you won't pass you by.

Sorry you didn't get it, as I know you had hoped you would, but I'm sure it'll work out for the best, and at least now you have your CV sorted and an experience of an interview under your belt xx

Thanks, everyone :) .

Needless to say, I've spent the past couple of hours listing all the things I would have missed in my current job and all the things that I wouldn't have liked about the other one :lol: .

My s-i-l (now known as my life coach :lol: ) has spurred me on to (a) ask why I didn't get the job and (b) speak to my head teacher about a list of things I think I could do in the school that would be useful (I've thought of 13 already 8) ).

I may also consider working full time if they can give me enough things to do to prevent boredom (which I have been suffering from a little). I was prepared to do it for this new job, so why not in my current one where I actually really like all the people I work with?

Sorry to hear you didn't get this one.

Feednack can be very helpful, but many companies are carp at giving honest and constructive feedback. Don't assume that you didn't get it because you failed, it may well be that you were fine, but that someone else was even better.

It's very possible that this would not have been enough of a stretch for you anyway, so boredom would have set in.

Think of it as excellent practice :D

Thats really bad luck-I went thru a spate of lots of interviews and in the space of 2 years i did several months on supply and worked in 4 schools..it's horrible and very disheartening, but it sounds like you have a positive attitude to it all which is a great thing! it could well be that the school already had someone in mind and to get them to change from that would be nigh on impossible! keep going-either where u are, or in pastures new!

Sorry you didn't get the job, and well done you and sil for excellent ideas and turning it into something positive so quickly. It may be your own school is desperate for help and just doesn't know who or how to ask.

If you choose to apply for another external post you now know your cv and interview skills are up to the task and you can be confident you can do well :D

Go get that list to your headteacher! :D

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, but as others have said maybe it will lead to a more full time and fulfilling roll in your current job. You sound like me, I can't be bothered crying over spilt milk, there is a reason for everything and we just keep moving forward.

Spoke to a Principal Teacher first about my plans - she was really positive so we both had a chat with the Head Teacher who said she was "really excited" about my suggestions :D .

There are actually 2 new projects in the offing which they need someone to set up and co-ordinate (one is a scheme to develop independent travel in pupils using a GPS system and the other is an award scheme along the lines of D of E but less demanding). There are loads of other things I could take responsibility for too 8) .

She can't just create a job for me as she'll have to advertise it internally but we're all fairly certain no-one else will want to do it. I'll still be a Learning Assistant and get no more money, but I don't mind as long as I'm busy and a bit more challenged.

I also offered to manage the move back to our school when the building is repaired and ready for us. Again, she'll have to offer this temporary position internally but I suspect no-one will want that either :pray: .

Really pleased at the outcome - this knockback has obviously been just what I needed :lol: .