Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Great photo, I love cloud formations :D

Your son will be fine Soapdragon. It’s important for them to experience these things and gain some independence. The kindest thing that you can do for your children is to gradually let them go. I find that mine come back willingly because they know I won’t smother them or try to control them. I know other people who have done this and their kids stay away as much as possible which is sad.

My DS went to Iceland with the school when he was 15 then the US alone at 17. He is a very quiet shy lad who won’t say boo to a goose and hates having to ask people for things but he has coped and is a stronger person for it. My ED went to Australia alone when she was just 23 and that did her the world of good. She had to be forced into a bus to see friends 2 miles away at the age of 15 and suffered panic attacks regularly. Being self reliant is so important. Hope he has a great time and the weather is kind.

Have just been trawling the shops for fleece sweater for YS' school trip....all I want is plain fleece or sweatshirt but EVERYTHING has a hood! Can't find one anywhere! Frustrating! Would make a good extra layer - he has 2 but I'd wanted a couple more!

However, he is very excited about the trip but I've just found out that they'll be put to bed between 9.30 and 10pm which I think is very late for 9/10/11 year olds. He'll be exhausted as he's usually flat out by 7.30pm!

Regarding the bedtime I understand your concerns because my kids were always early to bed and got a good nights sleep at home but when we took groups of kids on cubs and scout camps there was no way any of them were going to be asleep early. There was just too much high spirits. We used to have a sort of drawn out bedtime with games in the dark, cocoa and stories round a fire until they got drowsy. I think so many kids stay up late these days that you have to wear those ones out to give the kids who like earlier nights (and the adults) at least a chance of some sleep.

Guarantee he will be fine on his trip = bets he does not wear half of the clothes you pack for him - my son went school trip when he was small and I think he wore the same pink polo shirt most days he was away - was a waste ironing and packing the rest! They will be on such a high - he wont be tired at the early time with the others to keep him going - I think you will be the one more worried about his trip than he will be. Relax and he will be fine - feet up and a relaxing glass or two when he goes.

PL, I've had the same and I won't say it was the most pleasant experience ever but it was pretty quick, painless and, in an odd sort of way, fascinating seeing your insides on the screen! Actually, I'd far prefer those to the gastroscopy - the thinking about it and worry was by far the worst part and it was much easier than I'd anticipated...PM me if you'd like!

With regard to 'the trip' thanks, all! I waved ES off with no qualms but YS is a different kettle of fish - my baby! Sill, I know he'll be fine but sometimes it's hard letting go! Blimey, think what I'll be like when he's off to uni :shock::oops::roll: