Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I went to buy hen food today - and had to give my post code and name or they would not sell it to me - something to do with trading standards!! Anyone else had this happen. I dont like giving out these things as invariably you get junk mail but could not avoid it - will have to take my custom elsewhere next time.

I'd have refused point blank to give them that info and walked out animal feed isn't a controlled product so there's no reason TS would want that info.

I've refused to give proof of age to supermarket checkout staff on more than one occasion when buying beer and made the checkout supervisor pack my shopping after about the 3rd or fourth time of been asked or I'd leave it were it was and unpaid for that stopped them asking again

I went to buy hen food today - and had to give my post code and name or they would not sell it to me - something to do with trading standards!! Anyone else had this happen. I dont like giving out these things as invariably you get junk mail but could not avoid it - will have to take my custom elsewhere next time.

I'd have refused point blank to give them that info and walked out animal feed isn't a controlled product so there's no reason TS would want that info.

I've refused to give proof of age to supermarket checkout staff on more than one occasion when buying beer and made the checkout supervisor pack my shopping after about the 3rd or fourth time of been asked or I'd leave it were it was and unpaid for that stopped them asking again

Yes I should have walked out but did not but my parting comments were i will be sourcing my hen food elsewhere in future, there is no reason to have my details. I only have one chicken left and don't intend to have any more so the bag lasts me quite a long time!! will have time to order for collection at Pets At Home

I've got you! Hubby used to work in Hillside distillery after he left school until Diageo took over and he was made redundant. He's retired now.

Yes Aberlour here - or couple miles from the town, my son worked at Glenlivet distillery till he gave it up due to long long shift days before a day off and he now works up in Thurso. I like the area you live in too - bonny Scotand!

I am a malt fan....OH bought me a very peaty one for Christmas. I do enjoy them but perhaps lighter ones like Bowmore. Think the one he got was Talisker cask strength which is more of an anaesthetic! That said, I do now prefer the more caramel Highland ones ...I always get funny looks when I start talking about malts as it seems to be a male thing....grrr :wall:

I like Gin too :lol:

That's darned cute!  I've been taking photos of footprints.  The blackbirds feet all over the doorstep when they complained I hadn't either unfrozen their drinking water or pretty much "FEED US NOW!"  It's definitely warmer as I also found puddy tat prints.  Tracked it all round the garden - it jumped over our side gate, trotted along the house (had a slurp in the bird water) then down where our middle path used to be, around the uprooted shrubs, along the chicken run and back out over the fence by the shed.  I should have stuck a hair band round my head and put a couple of feathers in it at the back.  ;)

I'm learning Japanese. This is the kanji for chicken (the animal) There is a different kanji for chicken meat which I can't remember but it sounds something like nikutori. There are three alphabets to learn.... Hiragana, katakana and kanji and you have to learn them all. They're intermingled. There are no particular gender articles and generally no plurals so in that sense Japanese is easier, but I think you need to concentrate on the context more. Hiragana is my favourite alphabet it is logical and only has about 50 sounds. Kanji is crazy to learn because you also need to know whether to read it in Japanese or Chinese which alters the meaning and there are thousands of kanji. I try to see pictures in the kanji to remember them so in this case it looks like a chicken getting in it's coop.....sort of. 

IMG_20180318_070018.jpg

Edited by patsylabrador

I didn't realise there were three intermingled alphabets!

We relied on numbers and finding pictures for navigating train stations and monuments. Luckily lots of routes were colour coded etc otherwise we would have been truly stuck!

7 hours ago, patsylabrador said:

I'm learning Japanese. This is the kanji for chicken (the animal) There is a different kanji for chicken meat which I can't remember but it sounds something like nikutori. There are three alphabets to learn.... Hiragana, katakana and kanji and you have to learn them all. They're intermingled. There are no particular gender articles and generally no plurals so in that sense Japanese is easier, but I think you need to concentrate on the context more. Hiragana is my favourite alphabet it is logical and only has about 50 sounds. Kanji is crazy to learn because you also need to know whether to read it in Japanese or Chinese which alters the meaning and there are thousands of kanji. I try to see pictures in the kanji to remember them so in this case it looks like a chicken getting in it's coop.....sort of.

Wow! Well done for learning this. I'm not too bad at picking up languages and I always learn the basics for any country we visit and it's always appreciated that I try even if I get it wrong occasionally. We went to Italy a few times in a row and then went to France for the rugby and I automatically said Si instead of Oui quite a few times, lol!