Ain't Nobody Here

My dad - R.I.P.

Thanks everyone. Can't believe it's only been 24 hours. Seems like much longer. Plans starting to come together - not helped by my brother being in Greece and unable to come back before Saturday. His 2 daughters (19 and 23) are here though, which is lovely. Funeral will be on Monday.

Found mum's will today. She's written me out of it. I get a small bequest, the carer gets almost the same. My brother gets the rest.

Oh ANH I'm so sorry for you. I had a similar situation with my mum, I didn't find out about the will until after I'd organised her funeral etc. My sister did nothing but received everything.

I'm glad you have your nieces with you. The early days are like time trapped in treacle.

Take care x

I'm really sorry to hear your news-but as you said it was quick and sounds like it was as painless as possible and that has to be a good thing.

I had similar thing with my mum, wont go into details but she signed me out of what i had always been told was my inheritance and left me a (relatively) small amount. However, she did leave my 'share' to my children so I can handle that. Ultimately I have come to realise it is only stuff, and other things are more important. You will get through this, its a moment in time that will pass.

Look after yourself. x

So sorry.

Re the will - if you can, do try and find a way to be a peace about it. I know this may take time. My family is torn apart by what one person put in their will, and it is horrid. 2 or 3 generations at war... As someone else said, it is only things - although I know it must hurt right now.

Dad's funeral couldn't really have gone any better. The sun shone, mum didn't seem to be upset by anything (I took great care rewriting the eulogy so it couldn't offend her), she even came to the wake and thanked me nicely at the end for everything I'd done. It was over in 15 minutes but was long enough to tell the story of his life and listen to some nice classical music.

Dad would have been really pleased. He always got upset when he remembered that mum wasn't speaking to me.

7394306246_26441c4571.jpg